ROOT CANAL THERAPY


Root canal therapy is a dental procedure. It is performed to save a tooth that is seriously infected or damaged.

The tooth's nerve, pulp, must be cleaned out. The dentist will use an instrument to clean out the pulp and fill the root canals with gutta-percha or another material that will stay in place long enough for the infection to subside.

Root canal therapy is also called endodontic treatment.

What are the signs that root canal therapy is needed?

When you are feeling any or all of these symptoms, then it is time to schedule a dental appointment with your dentist. If the toothache continues for more than 2-3 days, then it is important to see your dentist because this could be an abscessed tooth.

Swelling of the gum tissue
Painful chewing
Chronic inflammation in the gums
Root canal therapy can save your natural teeth, which are very crucial for chewing food and speaking properly.

What is the success rate of root canal therapy?

The success rate of root canal therapy can be measured by answering these questions:

What is the success rate of root canal therapy after the tooth has been cleaned?

Most likely, there will not be any trouble in the future. About 98% of people with a successful root canal experience no pain or other problems in their teeth. The remaining 2% may have some pain or sensitivity that lasts for six months or longer.


What is the success rate of root canal therapy after an infection develops?
Most likely, if an infection develops from a poorly done root canal, it will spread throughout your body and cause major health complications.


To schedule a consultation or request more information about available services contact Harini B. Reddy, DMD, LLC, General & Cosmetic Dentistry by phone (804) 501-0816 or send email to appointments@drreddyrichmonddentist.com. 

You can visit the therapy center at 3000, Hungary Spring Road, Richmond, VA, 23228.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Family dentistry

Perfect Smile